NOTICE OF PRIVACY
Welcome to the privacy notice of the company RENTALK50 , belonging to MINICAR PONS SA ., Established in the European Union (this company will be referred to in this Privacy Notice as RTK50, “we” or “our”).
We have adapted this website to the requirements of Organic Law 15/1999, of December 13, Protection of Personal Data (LOPD), and Royal Decree 5/2018, of July 27, known as (Royal Decree- Law 5/2018, of July 27, on urgent measures for the adaptation of Spanish law to the regulations of the European Union on data protection). It also complies with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016 regarding the protection of natural persons (RGPD), as well as with Law 34/2002, of July 11, of Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce (LSSICE or LSSI).
Please take the time to read this Privacy Notice as it is important for you to know how we collect and use your personal information. By “personal information” it is understood all that information related to a living natural person that identifies, or can be used to identify, said natural person.
RTK50 may modify parts of this Privacy Notice over time, so please check its content periodically. In the event that we make a modification that significantly affects your rights or, to the extent that we are authorized to do so, we make significant changes to how we use your personal information, we will notify you by posting it prominently on our websites, by email and / or post before the change takes effect.
Read this Privacy Notice to find out what happens to your personal information when you interact with RTK50 and what options are available to you.
This Privacy Notice covers the personal information that RTK50 collects, uses and discloses when you use its products and services, both online and physically.
RTK50 needs to collect your personal information to rent you a vehicle or provide you with the other services we offer. RTK50 collects personal information when you provide it to us, such as by phone, fax, post, email, at the counter, by filling out an application or registration form, by joining our RTK50 STAR loyalty plan, or by using a RTK50 website or mobile apps or when you use our products and services.
Please bear in mind that, in certain circumstances in which you do not provide us with the personal information that we request, we will not be able to offer you the products and services under our contract or we will not be able to comply with our legal obligations. For example, when renting a vehicle with us, we will ask for information such as name, address, payment information and driver’s license. If you do not provide us with this information, we will not be able to rent a vehicle for you. In this case, you will be informed of this situation and of what will be the consequences of not providing your personal information.
Sometimes we may combine the personal information you provide us with other information we receive from other sources in order to offer you a more streamlined and personalized experience. This information may include your name, contact information, travel itinerary, reservation request or any other type of information that is relevant for the purposes of your reservation. These third parties may be:
- travel agencies or external reservation services that you use when making your reservation;
- your company or association in case you are using a company / association account;
- our affiliates, for the purpose of creating an RTK50 STAR account or if you are making a reservation at a rental service facility operated by our affiliates at another facility serviced by us.
- police and other law enforcement agencies if you are involved in an accident during your rental or suffer a loss, damage or theft of the vehicle or if you are fined for speeding, poor parking, toll or any other traffic fine or commit a traffic violation during your rental.
In this Privacy Notice we expose in more detail for what purposes we use this information. The data protection regulation includes different assumptions under which RTK50 can use your personal information for these purposes. They are: (1) you have consented to the use of your personal information for this purpose (for example, when you have consented to us sending you electronic communications); (2) that we need to use such personal information to fulfill our contract to provide products and services with you (for example, using your information for car rentals or to join our RTK50 STAR loyalty program); (3) that the processing of the data is necessary to exercise our legitimate interests, provided that we have weighed these with your own rights and interests; and (4) when we need to comply with a legal obligation (for example, by responding to requests for information from the government or law enforcement agencies).
- Our legitimate interests are: (a) to ensure the effective administration and management of your relationship with us, including the vehicle rentals you make with us; (b) understand how customers use our services and how to manage our fleet of vehicles; (c) conduct research and analysis on the services or products that our customers want or on how we would like to improve our products and services; (d) understand how customers use our websites and applications and detect any problems that arise in relation to how the websites and applications are used and how we can improve the user experience of our customers; (e) inform our clients about the different products and services that we can offer; (f) understand and respond to the comments and observations of our clients; (g) improve the adaptation and personalization of the promotions and benefits that we offer to our clients; (h) prevent, detect or investigate the unauthorized use of our vehicles and systems and ensure our compliance with the laws and our policies; and (i) manage any disputes and accidents and receive legal or professional advice.
- When you use our website we will collect technical information about your devices whenever this is permitted. Please see the Online Data section to learn about how we collect data online.
RENT A VEHICLE
- performing security and anti-fraud checks and exercising our legal rights). The information we collect includes:
- the full name;
- the email address (if you are booking online or want to receive electronic receipts);
- personal address (to verify driver’s license and billing information);
- the data of the company and the commercial address (in the event that it is a member of a corporate program);
- the phone numbers where we can reach you;
- the date of birth (to verify the driver’s license and compliance with legal requirements);
- sex (to verify driver’s license)
- payment information such as, for example, your credit card details (the security code is obtained only to carry out the on-line operation, we do not save it);
- tax identification number (if expressly requested);
- information from the driver’s license and / or any other identification document issued by the government, including whether you are an additional driver of the rental in question (to verify the driver’s license and compliance with legal regulations);
- information in any other identity document format such as a passport or national identity document in the event that the driving license does not include a photo or you are not recognizable in it and / or proof of your address such as, for example , a water, electricity or telephone bill (for security and anti-fraud reasons). The information that we collect and process may only include your photo when you have been informed of it;
- special discount codes, membership numbers.
- special requests and preferences, including:
- your preferences for optional extras such as loss or damage exemptions and other protections;
- when a collection or delivery service is available, the address where the vehicle will be left or collected and the optional extras that you request; Y
- any other information that may be necessary to rent you a vehicle and / or provide you services.
- Some vehicles are equipped with a global positioning system (GPS) or similar type of tracking device that can also collect information about the vehicle. To learn more about the vehicle data we collect, please go to the Vehicle Data section .
- In the event that you have an accident, or suffer the loss, theft or damage of the vehicle during the rental or suffer a mechanical failure, we will collect the information related to said incident including your incident report and any other policies or reports of third parties, including the data of the people involved, together with the nature of the physical injuries and / or damages suffered by the vehicle and optional extras. We will use this information to fulfill the contract we have with you (such as the vehicle rental agreement and / or the terms of any optional extras such as insurance); for our legitimate business interests (such as to recover the costs of any loss or damage caused to the vehicle); to comply with any legal obligation that falls on us (such as to carry out the mandatory notification of the incident to the competent authorities); and to establish, exercise or defend legal claims that occur as a result of said incident.
- During your rental we will collect data regarding where and when you have rented the vehicle, where and when you have returned the vehicle, your insurance preferences, fuel consumption, mileage, accident history and any other information regarding the vehicle and its use. This information is requested to provide you with the services contracted under the rental agreement or to defend our legitimate business interests (such as, for example, to monitor the use of our fleet of vehicles).
- In addition to the aforementioned purposes, we will use this information to better understand our clients and offer them the most appropriate offers for their profile.
- We will also collect information on fines for speeding, parking, tolls or any other type of traffic fine imposed on you or any traffic offense you commit during the rental when they are provided to us by law enforcement. We will use this information to manage the fine or infraction in accordance with the terms established in your vehicle rental contract entered into with us.
- In the event that you decide to join our RTK50 STAR loyalty program, we will collect and retain your name, contact details, driver’s license details and date of birth to create an RTK50 STAR account for you in accordance with the terms and conditions of the RTK50 STAR program.
- We will use this information, along with information regarding your historical and future rentals, so that you can take advantage of the benefits of being a member of the RTK50 STAR program, including the ability to use free upgrade items and free rentals.
- We will also use this information to personalize the communications that we may send you and / or the promotions that we may offer you over time as a member of RTK50 STAR.
- We will also use this information for our internal analysis of how customers use our services and to improve service delivery.
- In the event that during your rental you have requested any of the insurance products we offer, such as Personal Accident Insurance or Super Personal Accident Insurance, we will transfer your personal information to the insurance company that insures said product at the same time as you enter into a contract with said company for said product. The name of the insurance company will be provided at the time you contract the corresponding product.
- In the event that you file a claim under any of these insurance products, we will provide the insurance company and designated claim manager with personal information regarding the claim. We will do this to comply with the terms of our contract with you and to determine, exercise or defend any legal claims arising from it.
- The use of your personal information by said insurance company will be subject to the terms of the privacy notice of said insurance company.
- When you call us (from any phone), prior notice, we may record or monitor the call for quality control, training or similar reasons.
- Some vehicles that you rent from RTK50 have been manufactured or equipped with on-board devices so that they are connected to the Internet (connected vehicle), which allows us to send commands to the vehicle and receive certain information from it, including geolocation data from a global positioning system (GPS). If you rent a connected vehicle to us, your personal information will be treated in accordance with the provisions of this Notice and in the Connected Cars Privacy Supplement included in the General Rental Conditions (or any other type of notice related to connected vehicles that we may provide). facilitate in the future).
PHOTOS AND VIDEO
- In the event that this is indicated on a sign in the corresponding office, the RTK50 rental offices will also be equipped with video security surveillance systems, as well as cameras that record the exit / entry of vehicles in our parking lots.
- RTK50 automatically collects technical information when you download, visit or use our websites and / or applications. This section tells you more fully about the technical information we collect and why we do it.
- IP addresses and other information collected automatically: We may collect your IP address when you visit our websites to help us diagnose problems with our main computers, administer systems, provide aggregated information to our business partners, and to audit the use of our website. We do not normally link IP addresses to any personally identifiable data. In certain specific circumstances we may use IP addresses to identify you when we understand that it is necessary to enforce the terms and conditions of our website or to protect our service, site, users and other third parties. We may also collect your browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring / exit pages, clickstream “) to analyze aggregate trends and administer the site.
- Session playback: When you visit our website we will also sometimes record information about your browsing session on the site, including the pages you visit and the website forms you have filled out. We will study this information to detect any technical problems that occur in the operation of our sites and to improve their user interface. We will use the services of an external third party to help us with this service and this information will be passed on to this third party for these purposes, although it will not be disclosed to any other third party.
- RTK50 may share personal information with third parties (as detailed in the Information Exchange section) to help us with our promotional and marketing projects such as, for example, the management of our social media pages, the organization of contests, sweepstakes. and other promotions, or the sending of marketing communications.
- We will only use your personal information to send you marketing when you have given us permission to receive marketing or when we are authorized to do so in accordance with applicable law. This marketing will be sent to you by email or to your postal address.
- If you DO NOT want to receive promotional and marketing postal mail, emails and text messages from RT50, at any time you can withdraw your consent to direct marketing or tell us that you do not want to receive further commercial communications. In the Your Options section you can see how to do it.
- We use analytical software such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, and others to help us better understand the functionality of our software on our websites on your device. These software tools record technical information including, but not limited to, information about your device along with usage information such as how often you use our website, what functions you use or do not use on the website. , or what pages you visit on the website, aggregate usage, performance data, including details about the history of clicks made on a uniform resource locator (URL) to, through and from our website. See our Cookies Policy for more information about these tools.
- The RTK50 websites and services are not directed to children under the age of 16. This also includes those links to other websites that we offer you for your convenience. In no case do we knowingly collect personal information from children. If you believe that RTK50 has received personal information from your son or daughter or from any other minor, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the address that appears in the Data Controllers section .
RTK50 may use and share your personal information and vehicle data with affiliated and unaffiliated organizations under the following terms:
- Travel agents or Tour operators, to fulfill our contract with you when you use a travel agent or Tour operator and to understand how you use our services and improve our business.
- Your company or organization in order to provide you with the benefits of a corporate or association program and understand how you use our services and improve our business.
- Intermediaries in order to fulfill our contract with you when you book a rental using their services and protect our business against fraud and defaults
- Booking engines to fulfill our contract with you when you use a booking engine and to understand how you use our services and improve our business
- Credit card issuing entities to obtain payments made by you
- Corporate Account Managers in order to provide you with the benefits of a corporate or association program and understand how you use our services and improve our business.
- Marketing agents in order to provide you with the benefits of a corporate or partnership program and to understand how you use our services and improve our business.
- IT service providers, including IT platform providers and website analytics service providers in order to fulfill our contract with you and understand how you use our services and improve our business
- Administrative, regulatory and law enforcement agencies to comply with our legal obligations
- Insurance companies and claims managers in respect of any insurance products you have purchased in connection with your car rental.
We may also transfer or assign your personal information to third parties as a result of or in connection with a sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets, bankruptcy, restructuring or liquidation. Also, in the event that we are defending against a legal claim, we may disclose information about you that is relevant to such claim to third parties, as a result of or in connection with associated legal proceedings.
In accordance with the provisions of the Marketing section , we may share your information with commercial and promotional partners (in those cases where you have given us your consent to share such information) to send you information about products and services that you may like. In the event that you decide that you no longer want to receive these promotional and marketing messages, please read the Your Choices section to find out how you can exercise your right to opt out.
In the event that you choose not to receive promotional and marketing emails, text messages, mail and other forms of communication from RTK50 or our promotional partners in relation to those that you may receive in accordance with the provisions of the section of Marketing , the best way to enforce their exclusion is as follows:
- Send an email to our Data Controller of our company, requesting the exclusion of our marketing file: email@example.com once this exclusion has been confirmed, an email will be sent from RTK50 confirming the cancellation of data for use of promotions.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We will take reasonable steps necessary to ensure that your information is protected from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, alteration, destruction or loss. We use firewalls and Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption to protect financial or payment information. We take security very seriously, but there is no system that is 100% secure, so we cannot fully guarantee the protection of your personal information beyond what any other organization can do.
We do not ask for financial or payment information such as your credit card number, password, account number or pin number through emails, text messages or any other communication that we send you. Please always check that any website where you are asked for financial or payment information in connection with our rentals or services is operated by RTK50 or its affiliates. If you receive a suspicious request, do not provide your information and let us know by contacting the customer service representative: Telephone +34 877 990 298 or by sending an email to our Central Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
CONSERVATION OF INFORMATION
RTK50 retains your personal information only for as long as is reasonably necessary or required by law. The maximum retention period will depend greatly on the type of information and the purpose.
The criteria we use to establish the retention period for certain categories of data are the following:
- how long you have been a member of RTK50 STAR or any other type of loyalty program that we operate or a member of a corporate program;
- how often you rent a vehicle from us or when the most recent rental took place;
- if there are contractual or legal obligations that oblige us to keep the data for a period of time;
- if there is any ongoing legal claim related to a vehicle that you have rented from us or that is in any other way related to your relationship with us;
- if any applicable law or regulation allows a specific retention period;
- if personal information is considered to be a special category of personal information, in which case a shorter retention period would generally apply; Y
- the conservation expectations existing at the time the data was provided to us.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
In accordance with the applicable data protection legislation, you have the following rights regarding the processing of your personal information:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to request explanatory information about how your personal information is used.
- Right of rectification – you have the right to request that we rectify inaccurate personal information that concerns you.
- Right to erasure – you have the right to request that we erase personal information concerning you.
- Right to limitation of processing – in some situations you will have the right to request that we not use the personal information you have provided (such as if you believe it is inaccurate).
- Right to data portability – you will have the right to receive certain personal information from you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit it to another data controller.
- Right to withdraw consent – in cases where we process your personal information based on consent (including direct marketing consents) you will have the right to withdraw consent at any time. However, this will not affect the legality of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal. Furthermore, even in the event of a withdrawal, we may continue to use your personal information to the extent permitted or required by law.
Right of opposition : In addition, in those cases in which we are treating your personal information based on a legitimate interest (or that of a third party), you will have the right to object. However, we will continue to have the right to process your personal information when it is for legitimate interests or when it is relevant in relation to legal claims. You will also have the right to object when we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TREATMENT AND CONTACT INFORMATION.
In the event that you are renting a vehicle or visiting our websites, the data controller appears at this point.
You may also contact our data protection officer in relation to any question or question you may have about the processing of your personal information. He acts as the Data Protection Officer with respect to all those responsible for the processing of data listed below and may be contacted at:
Postal address: Avda.de Falset, 142, 43206 REUS, SPAIN
Telephone: +34 877 990 298
The owner of our computer system necessary to provide vehicle reservation and rental services is:
GALAXY SOFTWARE SLU
Avda. Manuel Fraga Iribarne, 15 portal 4-1 29620 TORREMOLINOS, SPAIN.
This company accesses your personal information only to the extent necessary to process your reservation through our website.
When a change significantly affects the treatment carried out based on your consent, RTK50 will contact you to obtain a new consent.